Hello. Let’s get your Smart Weather Station up and running.
- Download the 'WeatherFlow Smart Weather' app.
Android App / iOS App
- Make sure your smartphone or tablet has Bluetooth turned ON. You do not need to ‘pair’ your weather station with Bluetooth on your smartphone / tablet.
- Launch the Smart Weather app and carefully follow the steps in the app to configure your station.
- Once setup, place your AIR outside in full shade. Locate your SKY in full sun with a clean wind fetch. Learn about proper weather station siting & installation.
- Configure your station with the app before installing the sensor devices outdoors.
- BATTERIES: We strongly recommend using primary lithium batteries - Energizer Ultimate Lithium or similar. Example on Amazon: http://a.co/bLlXG4w
- HUB: plug into power outlet indoors with the supplied USB cable and a standard USB wall charger with a minimum of 1amp output, within range of your home WiFi signal. To access data directly via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) from the hub to your smartphone or tablet, make sure the hub is located within approximately 20 feet to receive the Bluetooth signal.
- AIR/SKY: Use the Smart Weather app to pair your AIR and SKY to the hub before placing outside.
- BlueTooth Low Energy (BLE): with the app open, the hub will display a solid blue light on the back when properly connected to your smartphone/tablet via BLE.
- Can’t connect via BLE: If the app is unable to connect to your WiFi hub via Bluetooth Low Energy...
a) check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet
b) make sure you are within 10 feet of the hub
c) close the app, then relaunch it
d) when connected to the hub via BLE, you should see a solid blue light on the back of the hub
- App does not find my WiFi network: If the app is unable to reference your desired WiFi network tap ‘refresh’ in the upper right corner of the app screen for WiFi network selection. If that doesn’t work then reboot your WiFi router. See also Trouble Shooting tips.
- App does not find my AIR / SKY device: If the app does not recognize your sensor device try removing the batteries temporarily, then re-insert the batteries. You should see a flashing green light on the button next to the battery door. Make sure to follow the sequence of instructions in the app.
How do I change my station name? You can change the name of your station any time via the settings in the app. From the main app screen, tap the setting icon in the upper left corner. Tap stations > select your station > tap Name to rename as you wish. Make sure to hit the SAVE button.
- Download the ‘WeatherFlow Smart Weather’ app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Launch the Smart Weather app and make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet.
- Create a username and password. (Write it down so you don’t forget!)
- Tap “Setup Station”
- Plug in the WiFi hub. Tap the NEXT button.
- Twist open the base of your sensor device to insert batteries (It's water tight - twist hard!). Insert AA batteries into your AIR / SKY sensor device. Tap the NEXT button.
- Enter hub serial number (located on a sticker on the bottom of your hub device). Tap the NEXT button.
- Name your station (we recommend a name that reflects the physical location such as “NW Bend, OR”)
- Tap "Set" to set the geographic location. A map should appear to pinpoint your geo-location (make sure location services on your phone or tablet are enabled). You can drag the map around to adjust the pin location if needed. Once the pin is in the desired location, click the check mark in the upper right. (Note: elevation will be automatically assigned based on the geo-location).
- Click the NEXT button.
- Give your sensor device a familiar name (e.g. AIR - backyard). Choose if the device will be located outdoors or indoors. Input the approximate height you will place the device above the ground. Then tap the SAVE button.
- Gather your home WiFi network name and password. Tap the NEXT button.
- Select your desired WiFi network. Enter the WiFi password. (If you don’t see your desired WiFi network: tap “refresh" in the upper right and/or reboot your WiFi router.)
- Success! Wait about 5 minutes for the initial sensor data to start filling in.
Check out the community forum!