Hello! Let’s get your Smart Weather Station up and running.
- Download and launch the WeatherFlow Smart Weather app.
- Enable Bluetooth - you do not need to pair the devices. Follow the steps in the app to configure your Smart Weather Station.
- Once set up is complete, place AIR outside in full shade and SKY in full sun with as clean a wind fetch as practical (it is not necessary to install your SKY high off the ground). See more info on AIR & SKY siting and installation.
- BATTERIES & SOLAR POWER: Use the solar panel accessory for SKY (read instruction card insert) and 4 AA batteries for AIR. See Batteries & Solar Power for more info.
- HUB: Plug into power outlet indoors within range of your home WiFi signal. Access data from the Hub locally over Bluetooth - make sure you are within range of signal (~10 ft).
- AIR/SKY: Use the Smart Weather app to pair your AIR and SKY with the Hub before siting and installing sensors outside.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE): While the app is open, a blue LED on the Hub will indicate Bluetooth connection to your smartphone/tablet.
- Can’t connect to Bluetooth (BLE)
If the app is unable to connect to your Hub via Bluetooth Low Energy...
1) check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet
2) make sure you are within 10 feet of the Hub
3) close the app, then relaunch it
4) when connected to the Hub via Bluetooth, a blue light will appear on the back of the Hub
- App does not find my WiFi network
If the app is unable to locate your desired WiFi network tap ‘Refresh’ in the upper right corner of the app screen for WiFi network selection. If that doesn’t work then reboot your WiFi router. See also Troubleshooting tips.
- App does not find my AIR / SKY device
1) Open the battery door and check the batteries, make sure they are fresh and inserted properly.
Using SKY solar panel accessory: If using the SKY solar panel accessory, check the available voltage in the app.See Batteries in AIR & SKY for more info.
2) Close the battery door - after a few seconds the LED button will slowly blink green, awaiting connection to the Hub. Follow the setup procedure in the app.
If the light is not slowly flashing green, press and hold the LED button for five seconds, release once the LED flashes green. Continue through setup in the app.
Using SKY solar panel accessory: The solar panel should have an adequate charge out of the box. Use a thin tool to pass through the slit in the solar panel and press and hold the LED button for five seconds then release once the LED flashes green. Continue through setup in the app.
- Download the ‘WeatherFlow Smart Weather’ mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Launch the Smart Weather app and make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet.
- Create a username (e-mail) and password. (Write it down so you don’t forget!)
- Now tap “Setup Station” to configure your weather station hardware.
- Plug in the Hub. Tap the NEXT button and proceed with setup.
- Twist off the base of your AIR & SKY device. (It's water tight - twist hard!). Insert 4 AA lithium batteries in AIR and use the solar panel accessory for SKY device (recommended) or 8 AA batteries. Make sure batteries are oriented correctly. See Batteries & Solar Power for further installation instructions. Tap NEXT and proceed.
- Enter your Hub's serial number (located on a sticker on the bottom of your Hub). Tap the NEXT button.
- Name your station. (If you're not feeling creative perhaps pick a name that reflects the physical location such as NW River Bend or even the town/city and street name works.)
- Tap "Set" to set the geographic location. A map should appear to pinpoint your geographic location (make sure location services on your phone or tablet are enabled). You can drag the map around to adjust the pin location if needed. Once the pin is in the desired location, click the check mark in the top right corner. (Note: elevation is automatically determined based geographic location).
- Click the "Next" button.
- Give your AIR/ SKY device a familiar name (e.g. for AIR - backyard, upper deck, or patio and for SKY - roof, chimney, or fence). Choose if the device will be located outdoors or indoors. Input the approximate height you will place the device above the ground. Then tap the "Save" button.
- Gather your home WiFi network name and password. Tap the "Next" button.
- Select your desired WiFi network. Enter the WiFi password. (If you don’t see your desired WiFi network, tap "Refresh" in the upper right and/or reboot your WiFi router.)
- Success! Wait about 5 minutes for the initial sensor data to start filling in, then it's time to site your sensors. See, AIR & SKY siting and installation.
Check out the Community Forum!
Talk to other station owners and stay up to date on everything Smart Weather.