Hello. Let’s get your Smart Weather Station up and running.
- Download the 'WeatherFlow Smart Weather' app.
Android App / iOS App
- Make sure your smartphone or tablet has Bluetooth turned ON. You do not need to ‘pair’ your weather station with Bluetooth on your smartphone / tablet.
- Launch the Smart Weather app and carefully follow the steps in the app to configure your station.
- Once setup, place AIR outside in full shade and SKY in full sun with a clean wind fetch. Learn about proper weather station siting & installation.
- BATTERIES: Use Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries (or equivalent).
US Amazon: http://a.co/bLlXG4w
- HUB: plug into power outlet indoors with the supplied USB cable and a standard USB wall charger with a minimum of 1 amp output, within range of your home WiFi signal. To access data directly via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) from the Hub to your smartphone or tablet, make sure the Hub is located within approximately 10 feet to receive the Bluetooth signal.
- AIR/SKY: Use the Smart Weather app to pair your AIR and SKY to the Hub before placing outside.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE): with the app open, the Hub will display a solid blue light on the back when properly connected to your smartphone/tablet via BLE.
- Can’t connect to Bluetooth (BLE)
If the app is unable to connect to your Hub via Bluetooth Low Energy...
a) check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet
b) make sure you are within 10 feet of the Hub
c) close the app, then relaunch it
d) when connected to the Hub via Bluetooth, a blue light will appear on the back of the Hub
- App does not find my WiFi network
If the app is unable to locate your desired WiFi network tap ‘Refresh’ in the upper right corner of the app screen for WiFi network selection. If that doesn’t work then reboot your WiFi router. See also Troubleshooting tips.
- App does not find my AIR / SKY device
If the app does not recognize your AIR / SKY device try this: First, open the battery door, confirm the batteries are inserted properly, then close the door. After a few seconds, you should see a slow flashing green light on the button next to the battery door of your device. If the light is not slowly flashing green, press and hold the button for five seconds (light should turn solid green) and release once the light flashes green rapidly. Continue to follow the sequence of instructions in the app.
Station Setup FAQ's
How do I change my station name? You can change the name of your station any time via the settings in the app. From the main app screen, tap the setting icon in the upper left corner. Tap stations > select your station > tap Name to rename as you wish. Make sure to hit the SAVE button.
- Download the ‘WeatherFlow Smart Weather’ mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Launch the Smart Weather app and make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet.
- Create a username (e-mail) and password. (Write it down so you don’t forget!)
- Now tap “Setup Station” to configure your weather station hardware.
- Plug in the Hub. Tap the NEXT button and proceed with setup.
- Twist off the base of your sensor device to insert batteries (It's water tight - twist hard!). Insert AA lithium batteries into your AIR / SKY sensor device, make sure they are oriented correctly. Tap NEXT and proceed.
See, here for proper battery installation.
- Enter your Hub's serial number (located on a sticker on the bottom of your Hub). Tap the NEXT button.
- Name your station. (If you're not feeling creative perhaps pick a name that reflects the physical location such as NW River Bend or even the town/city and street name works.)
- Tap "Set" to set the geographic location. A map should appear to pinpoint your geographic location (make sure location services on your phone or tablet are enabled). You can drag the map around to adjust the pin location if needed. Once the pin is in the desired location, click the check mark in the top right corner. (Note: elevation is automatically determined based geographic location).
- Click the "Next" button.
- Give your AIR/ SKY device a familiar name (e.g. for AIR - backyard, upper deck, or patio and for SKY - roof, chimney, or fence). Choose if the device will be located outdoors or indoors. Input the approximate height you will place the device above the ground. Then tap the "Save" button.
- Gather your home WiFi network name and password. Tap the "Next" button.
- Select your desired WiFi network. Enter the WiFi password. (If you don’t see your desired WiFi network: tap "Refresh" in the upper right and/or reboot your WiFi router.)
- Success! Wait about 5 minutes for the initial sensor data to start filling in, then it's time to site your sensors. For more info on siting AIR & SKY, refer to the proper device siting and installation page.
Check out the community forum!