Setup Troubleshooting see also, Quick Start Guide
- App does not find my WiFi network: if the app is unable to reference your desired WiFi network try this: a) hit ‘refresh’ in the upper right corner of the app screen for WiFi network selection. If that doesn’t work then b) reboot your WiFi router.
- Can’t connect via BLE: if the app is unable to connect to your WiFi hub via Bluetooth Low Energy try these steps: a) check to ensure that Bluetooth is enalbed on your phone or tablet. b) make sure you are within 10 feet of the hub. c) close the app, then relaunch it. d) When connected to the hub via BLE, you should see a solid blue light on the back of the hub.
- App does not find my AIR / SKY device: if the app does not recognize your sensor device try this: a) pop the batteries out temporarily, then re-insert batteries. You should see a flashing green light on the button next to the battery door.
Station Offline / WiFi Connection Issues
- Station loses connection:
If your station loses connection to WiFi try unplugging your hub for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
If that doesn’t work, reboot your WiFi router and modem.
- App does not find my WiFi network:
If the app is unable to reference your desired WiFi network hit ‘refresh’ in the upper right corner on the app screen for WiFi network selection. If that doesn’t work, reboot your WiFi router.
LED status lights on Hub
To wipe out WiFi settings, press and hold the tiny button on the back of the hub for five seconds (release when LED flashes). Then configure new WiFi settings via app.
App > Settings > Station > [select station name] > WiFi Setup.
Bluetooth Not Connecting
- Can’t connect via BLE: If the app is unable to connect to your WiFi hub via Bluetooth Low Energy try these steps:
1) check to ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet
2) make sure you are within 10 feet of the hub
3) close the app, then relaunch it
4) When connected to the hub via BLE, you should see a solid blue light on the back of the hub
AIR / SKY Not Reporting
- Check the batteries.
- Make sure your device is paired with your WiFi hub.
App > settings > stations > [select your station] > manage devices.
Look to see if your desired device is listed. If not, click the “+” symbol in upper right to add (you might need to pop the batteries out of the device, then put back in so the device broadcasts to the hub).
LED Status Lights on AIR / SKY
To reset device and divorce it from your hub, press and hold the clear button near the battery door for five seconds (release when LED turns off). Bad sensor status supersedes all other statuses.
- Getting false positives:
The lightning detector in the AIR sense electromagnetic pulses. Make sure to locate the AIR away from major electrical appliances and things like outdoor speakers.
- Not detecting lightning:
Make sure your AIR is mounted vertically and not shielded by metal which can suppress pulses. Remember, the lightning detector is designed to detect storm activity and approximate distance; it is not capable of detecting every single bolt of lightning.
- Mount AIR vertically:
The lightning detection antenna inside the AIR is oriented in such a way to optimize pick up of lightning activity. Make sure to mount AIR in a vertical/upright position.