Using a battery backup to keep power to your Hub is ideal for Tempest owners living in areas prone to power outages or severe weather. While powered, the Hub will continue to receive weather observations from Tempest devices and can store up to 7 days worth of data from a single Tempest device. Once an internet connection is restored, the Hub will be able to backfill stored weather data.
The power bank provides pass-through charging, powering the Tempest's WiFi Hub while charging itself. It will fully charge in 1-2 hours, and can keep a single Hub powered for up to 7 days. Upon power loss, the device will automatically begin powering the Hub so the Hub can continue storing data.
- Plug the included power adapter into a wall outlet and the other end into the Power Bank's Input port.
- There are two Outputs to supply power to multiple Hubs or other devices if you have them. Plug your Hub's USB power cable into the first or second output port on the Power Bank.
- Press Power Button on the side to turn on the device, allowing the Power Bank to supply power to the Hub when a power outage occurs.
- The Power Bank has pass through power, so it will power the Hub if it is plugged in to the wall no matter if the device is turned on or off.
- Press and hold the power button down for about 5 seconds to power off the Power Bank.
- The power bank has four Charge Indicator Lights to indicate charge level.
- Pressing the power button with nothing plugged in will light up the LEDs to indicate the current charge level of the battery.
- The charge indicator lights will be illuminated if the Power Bank is plugged in to the wall no matter if the device is on or off.
- Capacity: 20000mAh 74 WH
- Input: 5V-2.0A, (Micro USB/Type-C)
- Output 5V-1.0A (USB1), 5V-2.0A (USB2)
- Weight: 1.1 lbs