Using a battery backup to keep power to your Hub is ideal for Tempest owners living in areas prone to power outages or severe weather. While powered, the Hub will continue to receive weather observations from Tempest devices and can store up to 7 days worth of data from a single Tempest device. Once an internet connection is restored, the Hub will be able to backfill stored weather data.
The power bank provides pass-through charging, powering the Tempest's WiFi Hub while charging itself. It will fully charge in 1-2 hours, and can keep a single Hub powered for up to 7 days. Upon power loss, the device will automatically begin powering the Hub so the Hub can continue storing data.
- Use the Power Button to turn on the device, allowing power bank to supply power to the Hub.
- The power adapter gets plugged into the power bank's Input port and plugged into a wall outlet.
- There are two Outputs to supply power to multiple Hubs if you have them. Plug your Hub's USB power cable into the first or second output port on the power bank.
- The power bank has four Charge Indicator Lights to indicate charge level. Pressing the power button with nothing plugged in lights up the LEDs to indicate the current charge level of the battery.
- Capacity: 20000mAh 74 WH
- Input: 5V-2.0A, (Micro USB/Type-C)
- Output 5V-1.0A (USB1), 5V-2.0A (USB2)
- Weight: 1.1 lbs