(I.) BY USING THE iWINDSURF CLASSIFIEDS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES
iWindsurf / WeatherFlow, and it’s agents and employees are not responsible for any losses or damages resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the iWindsurf Classifieds. By using the iWindsurf Classifieds (for buying, selling, or just browsing), YOU do INDEMNIFY iWindsurf / WeatherFlow and HOLD iWindsurf / WeatherFlow, and its agents and employees, HARMLESS for any losses or damages to yourself or to others that may result directly or indirectly from any classified ads that you view, post, or reply to.
(II.) SCAM WARNING
USE PayPal! (But do not use PayPal Friends & Family)
We recommend using Paypal to make purchases, rather than sending checks through the mail, sending wires, or other means such as Venmo, Zelle, Moneygram, or Western Union. We have found that when there are problems between sellers and buyers, Paypal usually does a good job with dispute resolution. If you make a purchase and do not receive your gear from the seller, an important step is to file a complaint with Paypal within 45 days. In the case of a problem seller who fails to ship the item(s) to the buyer, Paypal has procedures which can in several cases lead to a refund of the amount paid. Important - We do not recommend using the Paypal lower-security "money transfers to friends or family" option, because that can severely limit your ability to file a complaint and/or get a refund through Paypal.
The PayPal Security page: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security
-Beware of PayPal Friends & Family as there is no purchase protection. Sellers encouraging buyers to transfer funds through PayPal Friends & Family are likely scammers!
-Do not wire funds (such as via Western Union or Money Gram). When you see this request, you are almost certainly are dealing with a scammer.
-Do not accept money orders, or certified checks / cashiers checks. In most cases, they will be fakes.
-Deal directly with the buyer/seller, not a “guaranteeing” third party.
-Ask to speak on the phone.
-Ask to see more photos of the item, and from different angles. Some scammers will not have the item at all so, they can't take pictures.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE A SCAM?
Many scams involve:
-Poorly worded first inquiry, which is often very general / vague.
-Escrow service for “protection” or as the “guarantor”, Western Union or Money Gram, money order or cashiers check.
WHO TO NOTIFY IN CASE OF FRAUD / SCAMS?
-If defrauded by a person you met face-to-face, contact your local Police department.
-Notify your government.
-In the United States:
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
- FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1
or hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- SIIA Software & Content Piracy: http://www.siia.net/piracy/report/report.asp
- For Military members & families: http://www.military.ncpw.gov/file-complaint
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre: http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/index.shtm
or hotline: 888-495-8501 (toll-free)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP): http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams-fraudes/rep-sig-eng.htm
(III.) TERMS & CONDITIONS
iWindsurf's Classifieds is 100% free to use. iWindsurf / WeatherFlow, and it’s agents and employees are not responsible for any losses or damages resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the iWindsurf Classifieds. By using the iWindsurf Classifieds (for buying, selling, or just browsing), YOU do INDEMNIFY iWindsurf / WeatherFlow and HOLD iWindsurf / WeatherFlow, and it’s agents and employees, HARMLESS for any losses or damages to yourself or to others that may result directly or indirectly from any classified ads that you view, post, or reply to.
Users are welcome to list gear for sale, or purchase gear from other members of the kiting community. In return for posting your FREE classified ad, you agree that it is in compliance with our guidelines. We do not wish to censor or police the ads being posted here, but in order to prevent abuses of these Guidelines, and to keep the iWindsurf Classifieds feature appropriate for our general audience, which includes people of all ages, races, religions, and nationalities, iWindsurf reserves the right to remove any ads in violation of our guidelines.
By using the iWindsurf Classifieds (buying, selling, or just browsing), you agree to the following terms:
- I do indemnify iWindsurf / WeatherFlow and hold it harmless for any losses or damages to myself or to others that may result directly or indirectly from any classified ads that I post or that I reply to. I agree that I will be solely responsible for the content of all classified ads that I post.
- NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! If you are a commercial business and wish to sell products to the iWindsurf audience, please support us with a paid advertising campaign. On the iWindsurf Classifieds, commercial posts of "in-line" or "New" current year's gear, or last year's gear, are restricted. Please support the industry manufacturers and not disrupt the retail marketplace. Contact us for advertising options: email advertising AT weatherflow.com. Commercial ads posted to the iWindsurf Classifieds may be deleted
- No foul or otherwise inappropriate language will be tolerated. No racist, hateful, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated. Posting inappropriate content is subject to having your listing(s) removed immediately and without warning.
- No ad promoting activities that would be illegal under the laws of the state or province, or the country of domicile of WeatherFlow shall be allowed. Similarly no ad promoting activities that would be illegal under the laws of the state or province, or the country of domicile of the person posting the ad shall be allowed.
- Ads that appear to be merely a test posting, a joke, or otherwise insincere or non-serious are subject to removal. iWindsurf reserves the ultimate discretion as to which ads, if any, are in violation of any of these Guidelines listed here.
- No fraudulent listings, or overpayment scams at any time. Listings that are found with these attributes may be reported directly to the FTC. No solicitation of our users for purposes other than buying or selling gear shall be allowed.
- DO NOT LIST MULTIPLE SIZE ITEMS ON ONE LISTING. Doing so will make it difficult for shoppers to find your gear! because it will not sort properly. So, that is not in your best interest! Please, ONLY ONE SIZE ITEM PER LISTING. Example: a quiver of 10m,12m, and 14m North kites should be posted as three individual listings -- and this will greatly increase your chances of selling the item.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding these rules, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
iWindsurf reserves the right to modify these rules at any time.
Thank you for using our Classifieds,
The iWindsurf Team