Using Your WINDmeter
Get started by first installing the Wind & Weather Meter app, click here for install instructions.
1) Open the app and plug your WINDmeter firmly into the headphone jack.
2) Hold the WINDmeter into the wind and press START to begin a reading. Press stop to end the reading.
3) After taking a reading, you have the option to save the report or delete it.
- Your saved reports, whether they are public or private, will be saved to History.
4) To disconnect the WINDmeter, pull the wind meter out of the auxiliary port.
Beyond the Basics:
To change units and app settings, go to Settings from the main menu.
The Real Time Reading section can be customized to display different measured or calculated parameters. This can be done by tapping on one of the gauges and selecting a new variable. For further instructions on how to customize your real time display, see Customize Display Values.
The app also allows your to share the reports on social media or by other means. Publicly shared readings are called Onsite Reports. You can view observations made globally on WeatherFlow's weather websites and applications, see here on the WindAlert website.