Forecast Maps display predicted wind speed and direction produced by a meteorological model. Tap or click on the forecast map to generate a point forecast for that location. Change computer models for a different take on the forecast in the customize menus. Different models may produce varying forecast solutions, see Weather model options for more information on available weather models.
1. From the menu screen tap Forecast Maps. This will load the Quicklook forecast model.
2. Pan the map to locate the region you would like to view. To view another model tap the Model Name at the bottom of the screen.
3. The available models for this region will now be displayed. Tap the model you wish to see.
1. To access the forecast maps, use the menu on the left hand side to view More Maps.
2. Select the Forecast Maps option.
3. The Quicklook model will load by default displaying the current wind forecast.
4. Use the legend at the bottom to determine how fast the winds are.
5. Use the slider bar at the top of the graph to view the forecast winds for future hours.
6. To view another computer forecast model click Customize.
7. Use the drop down menu under Forecast Model to select a model.
8. The model name will be displayed in the lower right corner.