The Settings page will allow you to adjust user preferences and set display units.
Under the Settings menu you will see other options options: *Use Weather Meter Compass, *Wireless Range, *Background Mode, *Battery Level, Calibrate Compass, and Update Firmware.
(*may only appear on iOS version)
Use Weather Meter Compass (iOS/WEATHERmeter only)
- You may choose to use the internal compass of your WEATHERmeter or your personal device's magnetometer
Wireless Range (WEATHERmeter only)
- Adjust your range setting to either "Low" or "High"
- Use the high setting if you are going to be taking readings with your WEATHERmeter at a distance
- High range will use more battery power
Background Mode (WEATHERmeter only)
- By default, the application will stop readings in progress and disconnect the WEATHERmeter when it no longer runs in the foreground.
- Enable Background Mode to maintain connection to the WEATHERmeter and continue readings while the app runs in the background.
- Disabling this setting will significantly increase battery life.
Calibrate Compass (WEATHERmeter only)
- The WEATHERmeter compass needs to be calibrated before it can provide accurate readings.
- Every time you travel with your WEATHERmeter you should re-calibrate the internal compass for improved accuracy.
Follow this link for information on calibrating your WEATHERmeter's internal compass
Battery Level (iOS/WEATHERmeter only)
- Displays battery power remaining in your WEATHERmeter
Update Firmware (WEATHERmeter only)
- For updating new firmware released for your WEATHERmeter
User Preferences and Units Display
- What is your Primary Activity when using your WEATHERmeter?
- You can select from a number of options that will adjust the units displayed for wind speed
- The Beaufort scale is also an available option
- Display in Text (NW) or in Degrees (315°)
- You have the option to view your directional reading based on true north (the geographic North Pole of our Earth) or magnetic north (the direction a compass will point to)
Maximum Sample Period
- Instead of pressing the stop button while taking a reading - you can set the sampling period to a certain length
- There is an "∞" option if you want to take a reading lasting longer than 60 seconds
Temperature Units (WEATHERmeter only)
- Choose Celsius vs. Fahrenheit
Pressure Units (WEATHERmeter only)
- Choose inHg vs. millibar
- Use this option to set the units option for other calculated measures produced by your WEATHERmeter