This guide is intended for:
- merging US & Canada versions of the AIR & SKY devices onto a new Hub (station)
- replacing an old Hub with a new Hub
- Retrieve the old hardware: Unplug the old hub. Physically retrieve the sensor device(s) that you want to migrate to the new station.
- Delete the old station: Open the app, go to settings > stations > slide the old station left, then confirm delete.
- Create a new station: In the app, set up a new station with the new Hub.
- At this point, you can add any new devices that have never been paired to either Hub (Tempest).
- If you don’t have any new devices to pair to the Hub, proceed to step 4.
- If you don't have any old devices to pair to the Hub, proceed to step 5.
- Reset each device:
Press & hold the translucent button on the base of each device until you get a flashing green LED. The LED will then slowly blink green indicating the device is ready to pair to a new Hub.
- Add device(s) to the new station Hub:
In the app, go to settings > stations > choose the new station > manage devices > tap “+” in the top right corner and add each device.
For European and Australian/NZ versions of the Smart Weather Stations
Originally, we expected complete compatibility with the original AIR and SKY devices with the new Tempest Hub. To our surprise, we discovered that this would not be possible due to some radio communication issues. The old AIR and SKY devices will not be able to be added to the new Hubs. We actually knew this would be a limitation with Australian versions of the devices due to recent changes of RF standardization but the incompatibility was unanticipated for European versions.
The only consequence of this is that owners of the original Smart Weather Station will need to keep the AIR and SKY operating on the old Hub. You can still operate multiple stations (Hub + devices) on your account; two Hubs, two stations with AIR + SKY on the old Hub and Tempest on the new Hub.