Managing Profiles and Favorites Follow
Creating a Favorites Profile
A favorites profile is a grouping of your favorite sites, maps, and charts. Under the My Weather section on the left-hand menu, you can create as many different profiles as you like. For instance, you might prefer to look at some sites and charts if you're watching for developing thunderstorms and other, different information if there is an approaching tropical cyclone.
To create a new profile:
1. Select the Profiles tab in the top banner.
2. Press Create Profile.
A menu will pop up, prompting you to name this new profile. Name it and click Save. You've just created a new profile which you can select from the My Weather drop-down menu.
Whenever you wish to view saved favorite sites and maps or add or remove favorites from your profile, you must make that profile active. This can be done from your Profiles menu. Click the drop-down box as shown below and select the profile of your choice. When you save a new site, it will appear in that profile.
You can rename your profiles, delete empty profiles, or copy an entire profile by clicking on the Profiles tab and choosing Manage Profiles from the top bar.
Saving a Favorite Spot
Select a spot by clicking on it to bring up the quick view box. Then click the yellow star that appears on the bottom right.
Saving Favorite Maps
Once you've customized a map, you can save those custom settings to your profile by clicking the Save Map button as shown below, then giving your map a name and confirming the save.
Saving Custom Charts
1) Choose the favorites profile from the drop-down list under My Weather.
2) Select a Station or Spot Graph on the map, then choose More (this opens the spot graph and more spot options).
3) After selecting a chart (in this case Graph) choose the Star icon.
4) A suggested name can be customized. Be sure to hit Save to add it to the favorites profile chosen.
Deleting a Favorite Spot
1) Choose the Profile
2) Then mouse over the favorite spot or chart that you want to remove. After hovering over it for about one second a trash can will appear. Click the trash can
3) Confirm Delete
Choose the spot on the wind, and click the star to confirm the removal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.