A wind alert is a way to notify yourself when observed and/or forecast winds meet specified conditions. You can receive email notifications for wind alerts from all station types. See Wind Map Symbols and Sensor Types for more information.
Setup a new alert
- Select a weather station or nowcast spot, click the preview window to open the larger site panel.
- Then click the alert icon found on the green menu bar at the top of the large window.
- Choose the method of alert delivery.
- Customize the conditions to be met which will trigger an alert to be sent.
Trigger alerts based on observations
- Check the Observations Box for Alerts based on Observations
- Choose the trigger method (Average, or Gust)
- Choose alert notification frequency
Opt to receive forecast alerts
- Check the box "Send alert based on forecast"
- Choose the Forecast model(s) to be used.
- Choose the Forecast Range (default setting is 48 hours ahead).
Don't forget to Save your alert!
Configuring Alert Devices
- Navigate to My Alerts from the My Weather drop-down menu.
- Mouse over the intended device type you wish to create or configure.
- Enter the required info for e-mail and text message alerts.
Disabling or deleting alerts
From the home page, select Alerts from the top menu. This will show you a full list of all of your saved alerts.
Then choose to disable (pause icon) or delete ("x" icon) any alert you wish.
Alternatively, you can disable the alert method by un-checking the configured devices.