When viewing a station's detailed wind graph, you can access hourly numerical model forecasts for that site by selecting the Forecast tab.
Also highlighted here are the dropdown menus you can use to select which model you wish to view. For more information on the various models and our Quicklook forecast, head here: Forecast Model Options.
Further to the right, you can select whether you wish to view the basic wind, temperature, and sky condition forecast (basic) or add other variables, including wave height, precipitation, pressure, and cloud cover percentage (detailed). You can also choose whether to view a daily forecast or a 7-day extended forecast.
You can click and drag the box in the preview graph at the bottom of the forecast table to see detailed information at the specified time (rightward is later in the future).
- Hour: local time
- Wind: average wind speed, direction (arrow), and gust
- Sky: icons representing the amount of cloud cover
- Temperature: fahrenheit or celsius
- Wave: average height, direction (arrow), and period (in seconds)
- Precipitation: green dots represent the precipitation rate, with one dot representing drizzle/sprinkles, two meaning light, three meaning moderate, and four meaning heavy
- Cloud: average percentage of cloud cover for that hour
- Pressure: measured in millibars
- Run: forecast model run in zulu (UTC)